Wednesday, April 13, 2005

After a Day's Work...

Just finished what I have scheduled to do for today. Whew! Tiring day, but fulfilling. And as I was preparing to leave, a poster caught my attention and ministered to me as it did 5 years ago. Hope this ministers to you as well:

A Yuppie's Prayer
Dear Lord, day in and day out,
I'm in the daily grind,
Meetings here, desk work there,
Always on the go, You'd find,

I know somehow You've put me here,
In my work, to make a diff'rence,
Help me stop and take stock,
Let me have the perspective that makes sense.

I lay my work and lifestyle at Your feet,
With heart willing in submission
To Your will and dream for my life,
For which You have the best plan and vision.

May what I earn not be for naught,
Never should I use these for selfish gain,
Rather, those in need, lend a helping hand,
With hope my faith will never wane.

May those I love in my life,
Never be neglected by me.
All my relationships good and strong,
As blest as they can be.

And as I go along this life's journey,
Searching for my place,
Guide me along, protect my way,
'Til I thank You face to face.

1 comment:

princess joan said...

what a timely prayer for us yuppies ^_^ thanks for sharing this riz ^_^ hehe our work, our bosses, and our workmates are indeed blessings to us ^_^