Saturday, April 16, 2005

Jennifer Garner

I first saw her in ABC's tv series "Alias" and instantly liked her. Probably because I liked the series. I religiously watched seasons 1-3. And now it's on season 4. Unfortunately, we don't have cable anymore so I don't get to see her in action. But I log on to alias-tv.com once in awhile to see what's happening with the series.

I next saw her in 13 going on 30 and absolutely adored her there! The picture above is from the movie, which truly touched me, though I watched it alone, because my date didn't show up. Still it was fun watching her. I wonder, will I be like that when I reach 30? Hmmm....

Then I saw her in Elektra. Nothing spectacular. It only felt like I'm watching "Sydney Bristow" on the big screen. Though she really fits the role.

I still like her as "Sydney" because I relate to her role there very well. Not because I am a spy but, as she does, I take on a different role from time to time, as the need arises. I'm a daughter, sister, cousin, niece, friend, guidance counselor - as my dear cousin would put it, teacher, servant, travel agent, etc., to anyone who needs me as any of these.

Also, like her, I do have secrets I guard with my life. Sometimes I wear masks to hide the real me. Don't we all? But I've learned to slowly shed off the mask and let others take a peek at the real me. And the secrets are also slowly taken out of the darkness into the light.

Oftentimes, it's my fear of how people would react to what they know about me that keeps me from coming out my shell. I imagine it would hurt because people may not understand why I am so and reject me. Inspite of this, I'm learning to be transparent with what I feel, what I think, etc. to the people around me. I've finally come to terms with rejection and learned to run to the One who accepts me no matter what.

And finally, I like Jennifer Garner's toned body. I have set it as a goal for myself. Now, if only I can get myself to start exercising...

No comments: