Saturday, April 16, 2005

The New Look

I was getting tired of the way my blog looks, thus the change of skin. It didn’t come easy, as I had to learn html language to create this beautiful design. Although I got this from blogskins.com, I edited most of its appearance and contents. And voila! I hope visiting my blog will be more fun for all of you.

Aside from being purple, it’s so me! Though I have yet to own a Manolo Blahnik, I’m a sucker for high-heeled shoes. I don’t mean to brag, but I don’t need the additional height it gives. Yet, I love wearing these! Not so I can lord over other people, but basically I become womanlier. Hihi! (And even my laughter changes to giggle!)

Seriously! It changes my otherwise poor posture. I am forced to straighten my back, walk catlike, sway my hips, etc. you get the picture. But I don’t do it to be seductive or something like that. I just like the overall effect it gives my body.

I googled high-heeled shoes and found out that its history dates back to at least 1000 B.C. The original intent, at least according to that article, was to stress social stature as wearer of these shoes seems taller than the rest of the people. That, as I’ve said, I don’t need.

Then it became a tool to prevent women from going out, because it was painful to walk on your toes all the time. It was torture but the women were made to believe that they become more beautiful and desirable if they wear these. Not that I’m insecure. Rather, I believe I am beautiful and desirable. Not only because my parents said so, but also because God said so! My identity is secure with God.

Then it became associated with sex, as men prefer prostitutes who wear heels. Probably because women appear more graceful as they walk. It’s an art you know – learning how to walk on these shoes. That I don’t want since it’s not my intent in the first place - to be branded "sexy" just because I wear heels.

And now, it’s everywhere! I think even men wear high-heeled shoes. Hehehe!

However, it seems that my penchant for high-heeled shoes will soon die. After a series of foot injuries, my doctor specifically prohibited wearing of heels for long periods of time. In fact, I already have osteoarthritis at age 25. Imagine that!

And so, for the time being as I’m yet unwilling to let it go, I will keep my prized heeled shoes in their box, until I can safely wear them again. That is if I already lost weight! So there won’t be much pressure on the heels, doc said. Sigh. When would it happen? Sigh. The boxes will accumulate dust. Sigh. The shoes will be out of style. Sigh. I hope there are fashionable low-heeled shoes out there that fit me. Sigh.

Well, at least my blog looks chic!

No comments: