Friday, May 06, 2005

I watched my now favorite movie The Kingdom of Heaven last Wednesday. Nagkayayaan after the cell at Gateway Mall. Kaya kahit na inuubo, sige!

*** The oath: 'Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.' This is my mantra. JOKE!! But I like this a lot. Perhaps I'll make it mine. hmmmm....

Be without fear in the face of your enemies - like David when he faced Goliath. 'It is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give all of you into our hands.' Such boldness! And God did not fail him. So can I stand fearlessly before my enemies for I know my Lord is with me and the battle is His.

Be brave and upright that God may love thee - I have a little problem with this because I know that God loves me unconditionally. Even if I still do wrong, He loves me. Just as it is. Period.

Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong - Absolutely! Need I say more?

***'If the Lord has a purpose for you there, he will keep you safe. If not, then God bless you.' - what a way to send off somebody! But I believe in it myself. That if God still has a purpose, nothing will keep you from fulfilling it. So why worry? And yet, I say - God bless you!!!

***'What will you do everyday to be a good man? What God desires is in your mind and heart.' - Amen. What I do outwardly is nothing compared to what I do inwardly. What is hidden will be made known. God knows what's in our heart and mind anyway so why bother keeping/hiding it from Him. Come out, come out, wherever you are! And face it!

***'A NEW world. A better world that has never been seen. There, you are not what you are born but what you have it in yourself to be. A kingdom of conscience. Peace instead of war. Love instead of hate. That is what lies at the end of the crusade.' - Don't we all long for this? But I think we'll only have it when Jesus comes, hehehe!!!

***'I go to pray for the strength to endure what is to come.' - Yes, we all should pray this prayer. More is to come and what would make us stand firm is our faith in God.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

***'Convert to Islam! Repent later.' - I laughed at this really hard! But I hope this is not true of us Christians. That whenever we are faced with persecution, we will stand firm and not give in to enemies.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

That's all for now for Kingdom of Heaven. If you haven't seen the movie, wanna watch it with me? hihihi! And I leave you with:

'Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.'

No comments: