Friday, May 20, 2005

What now, Lord?

Let your guard down for but a moment and your world will fall apart right before your very eyes. This I learned from a friend very recently. Despite the precautions undertaken, she let it slip this one time. One time! And forever will she regret it.

I almost banged her head on the wall, screamed at her and gave her a piece of my mind. But there's no use rubbing salt in her wound. Instead, I listened. Besides, I just preached 'listen before you speak.' That was a very timely application.

As she poured her heart, mine grieved. What now, Lord? I looked at the shattered, pain-stricken girl before me and I cried. I know there is still hope but she can't see it. Not this time. Her situation seems to have consumed the hope that is in her.

If only there is such a thing as "ERASE" or "DELETE" option in our life, then we would be spared from so much pain. If only we have some fairy dust, all we need is one happy thought, and off we'll go to Neverland, away from all the pain. If only we can escape reality. If only...

'Anong gagawin ko?!' Hers was a desperate cry. Honestly, I didn't know what to do either. So I told her to ask one person I know can help her. JESUS.

She told me she didn't want to. Shame, guilt? It's but natural for man to flee God because of these. God's reaction? Look for us even more and call us out from our hiding. We expect spanking, even beating, yet He offers the opposite. When we so deserve these, a gentle hand reaches out and extends His love to us all. Moreso, Jesus took our place and our punishment so we can be forgiven.

I haven't fully grasped the depth of God's love for me. But that much I know: God loves me! And that is what I hope she will realize. God's love for us all is unconditional. Though we sin and choose to go away, His love remains. 'But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.'

Until that time comes when she accepts what God is offering her, I leave her into the hands of God, where she will be most safe and secure, and let God do the work in her. And for the rest who have not fallen...FLEE SIN!

No comments: